Skip to main content

4.5 Miles Down -

I am so excited about how things have gone so far this week.  I have planned the following schedule (in case you are following along).

Monday - 3 Miles
Tuesday - Strength Training
Wednesday - 2 Miles
Thursday - Strength Training
Friday - 2 Miles
Saturday - 3 Miles
Sunday - Day of Rest

I am also excited to report that I have completed 4.5 miles of this journey already.  On Wednesday, I did 2 miles.  I ran and walked parts of it.  Walking at 4mph and Running at 5mph and 2 minutes at 6mph!  Today, was supposed to be my Strength Training day; however, I work out with 2 other women from my department on Thursday's and we decided we would tackle cardio today.  So, I swapped Friday for Thursday and did 2.5 miles.  Tomorrow I will do Strength. 

I don't expect all of my posts to be all about numbers and why I chose to do one thing over another, but for the first day, I wanted to lay some groundwork.

I have also decided that I am in much need of some new running shoes.  I can feel tha the soles are starting to break down.  Lucky for me I received a 30% off at Kohls and I wear New Balance which Kohl's carrys...so, I will be hitting up Kohl's this weekend for some new kicks.  I hope they have the same kind I am running in now...

With 495.5 Miles to Go...

Comments

C. Beth said…
Awesome job!! Sounds like you're being really reasonable with your run/walk splits and your speeds.

I have done 6 miles this week. (I'm counting running miles for your challenge, not warm-up walks.) I'm hoping to do 4.3 miles this Saturday. I started going barefoot or wearing minimalist shoes for my runs 2 1/2 months ago, and 4.3 will be my longest barefoot or minimalist run yet. Hopefully it will go well!
Ashli Moore said…
Yay! Thanks for following along. I have been reading your C.Beth.Run blog and like how you log your runs. Hope your run went well today!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple: 1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th 2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March). Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results! Ashli

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...