Skip to main content

Me = MIA!

Sorry to have been MIA for the last few weeks.  I recently was offered an opportunity to advance my career with a different company.  So, after 11 years, I left my former company on Friday and started a new job this past Monday.  I am having a great time and adjusting to the new set of co-workers and office culture.  I am very excited about this move....

That being said, I have been just a little tiny bit busy...try putting 11 years of information stored in your brain on paper in just 10 business days...

I have been working out though and just updated Daily Mile with my stats.  I can see that we seem to all have agreed on the weekend of 12/4 for the Virtual 5k.  I am looking forward to this.  I am working up in intervals.  Right now I am working 5 min intervals with 2 min running and 3 min walking.  Next week I will switch to 3 min running and 2 min walking and then the following week I will work up to 3 miles.  My goal for the Mini Marathon in May is to run 4 walk 1 for the whole race...So once I get done with the virutal 5k, I am going to work up to the 4/1 interval and then start increasing my mileage.

My knee is still bothering me a little, but I am wearing a compression sleeve and that makes running better.  I have tried icing my knee a little and just haven't been too diligent about any therapy for my knee...I know...bad for me.

I am so excited to see everyone's progress!

More later...happy running!

Comments

Eternal Lizdom said…
I've asked a friend about doing badges for you. :)

I'm struggling right now- life keeps getting in the way of my plans to run. My mind is a struggle for me right now, too.
C. Beth said…
Sounds like a good plan!

I just wrote this review of a book that is really helping me through running-related pains. I think it might really help your knee.

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple: 1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th 2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March). Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results! Ashli

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...