Skip to main content

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple:
1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th
2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March).

Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results!

Ashli

Comments

Ashli Moore said…
My time was 40 min 33 sec! Felt great!
Unknown said…
I did it Saturday and again today. I posted my Saturday run on daily mile but can't get into daily mile right now, so I will post today's here. Today I ran a 5K in 43:10. Saturday was 44:44, so I went a bit faster today. Thanks for doing this and motivating us!
C. Beth said…
Since that was my race weekend, I am counting my half mary as my 5K...ha ha. It was 2:34:21, 11:46/mile average. I'd definitely like to do it again! Fun idea!
Eternal Lizdom said…
My time was about 45 mins. I posted on DailyMile. :)

I like the snowman!!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...