Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits - 01/10/2012

  • Caved in and downloaded Angry Birds last night on my phone...I feel like the last one to the show, but I am totally addicted.  Austin and I had fun going through the initial levels last night...Balance Ashli Balance...it's all about balance...(keep telling myself that as I reach for the phone again...:))
  • I am listening to someone tell another co-worker about an email that came out today with a crazy deadline...I am smiling (and sad for this person at the same time) because right before Christmas I advised the person doing the complaining that I had a feeling that it was coming...maybe she will start listening to me :)
  • I did a new FIRM workout this morning.  Crazy moves...it was fun, but it is going to take me a time or two..like the others did...before I am in a groove with it....so glad I re-discovered these workouts...they are right up my alley...
  • We got new carpet at my office, it looks awesome, and because we had to shift the cubicles around to get it put in, our area changed a bit so my cube is now a lot more private and bigger :)  BONUS!
  • I love listening to Joyce Meyer Devotionals every day on my Daily Bible App on my phone.  I listen on my way to work...good stuff... a great way to start the day!
<><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple: 1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th 2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March). Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results! Ashli

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...