Skip to main content

Wow God Wednesday - 01/18/2012

  • Last night, like Jacob, I wrestled with God...I tried to give him something and "he wouldn't take it"... I know that he will take what I am not capable of handling according to His Will so apparently his "not taking it away" meant that I needed to do some more processing...Processing for me means prayer and sleep...I get sleepy when life gets blechy...
  • Upon awaking, I knew what I had to do.  I have done the things that God has shown me to do and I have been blessed by response after response to my prayer...my heart is light, I know He is with me and is pleased with me.
  • The biggest lesson that I have learned from this is that sometimes doing God's Will will result in blechy feelings (we are only humans after all), but with fervent prayer and dedication to hearing God's Will for the next steps (only in His timing might I remind you...frustrating to my human mind :)) blessings will pour out abundantly.
  • God is so much bigger than anything I could ever have imagined and He continues to prove himself bigger and bigger each and every moment I live and breathe on His Earth.
Blessings to you today!  May you hear God's Words and Will for your life and I pray for your courage to live It!

<><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple: 1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th 2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March). Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results! Ashli

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...