- 1 Mile WATP last night...No workout scheduled today!
- Tonight is Hanging of the Greens at Church. I always love this service. They go through and explain the significance of many of the Christmas decorations we see every year.
- I am hoping to hear that my dad will be home from Westminster by the weekend. He was supposed to be home today, but he is still there...sigh...
- I have been trying to spend time on my morning commute turning off the radio and reciting some specific things I am thankful for. It has been a pretty cool exercise and I hope it becomes a habit.
- I knitted a wrist warmer last night and it is too small. I need to make the matching one tonight and then go back and make a pair with my original pattern. Crafting is fun!
- These aren't really wonders...I guess I should have said...
- "I wonder...how much snow we will get this winter?"
- "I wonder...will I win Fantasy Football this coming weekend?"
- "I wonder...will the Colts win any of the remaining regular season games...new defensive coordinator and new QB...much needed change."
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
- 3 Miles on WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) last night. Felt great. I can so feel my legs and arms getting stronger. I am noticing that my muscles are a bit sore, but in this case, sore feels good.
- I had my annual physical a few weeks ago...got the blood work results back yesterday and I am thankful that all of my results are in the normal range. Something to be happy about for sure.
- Last night I started a pair of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers on my Knifty Knitter loom. So fun to sit down at the end of the day and craft while catching up on The Biggest Loser. Tonight is the makeover episode...by far my favorite episode each season.
- Each year we do craft gifts between my mom and sister and I. Usually I do two of the same thing, but this year each of them is getting something different. I am so excited to get these projects started.
- November, where did you go...Christmas less than 4 weeks away! I am excited, but I have a lot to do between now and then. We typically host Christmas at our house. So fun.
- We started reward calendars for the kids last week and they are really grooving on them. They get 10 cents for each star they earn. They can earn up to $4.20 per week. A fair allowance in my opinion for a 4 and 7 year old. I have never seen them so excited to "clean for 10 min" or "make their bed"...I wish I would have done this a long time ago :)
- Inspired by the kids' calendars, I printed my WATP calendar for December and will receive 10 cents per mile. This way I can save up to buy more videos or gear to use in the videos. I put it on the fridge with their charts...:)
Monday, November 28, 2011
- I have re-committed myself to Walk Away The Pounds. I have done 6 workouts over the past 8 days (including on Thanksgiving Day!) and am so excited. I have done the 5 mile workout twice. I just really like the style of her workouts.
- I am missing my motivation for work after coming back from Guatemala. Things that were so important before, just....aren't. I seriously need motivation for my job as this is what is paying the bills and allowing us the opportunity to even think about saving up to go back.
- I mad a list of important "to do" items that must be done before Christmas, and at this time, I think it is manageable.
- I really like crafting...all sorts. I get bored if I do only one thing over and over. I don't mind going back and doing something I have done before, just not repeating over and over...
- I am thinking about my 2012 goals...personally:
- I want to commit to the Walk Away The Pounds Calendar as my guide to work out
- I want to commit to eating healthier lunches
- I want to commit to planning meals for the week
- I think all of this will help me to lose the 10 lbs recommended by my Dr.
- Saw the new Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 and loved it....if you haven't seen it and plan to, be sure to stay until the lights come up...bonus footage after the initial credits :)