- I am going to take the advice I gave someone else yesterday and apply it to myself today. I am totally frustrated with something that is going on with Austin at school and it is to the point where I am getting physically ill over it. My advice yesterday was to find 10 things to be thankful for, get happy, stay there...ok, here goes:
- I am thankful that God is here with me always.
- I am thankful that Austin knows that I love him no matter what.
- I am thankful that Austin's teacher is communicating with me and we can work together to come up with a solution that will be in Austin's best interest.
- I am thankful for holiday times (kids choir shows, music team, cousin's christmas, christmas day celebrations, church on christmas day)
- I am thankful that Jeremy and I got paid and have steady jobs.
- I am thankful that Dad is at home and was discharged from rehab yesterday.
- I am thankful that I have the ability to work from home next week and for the days off that I have coming.
- I am thankful for a warm roof over my head, clothing for me and my family and food to eat.
- I am thankful for WATP
- I am thankful that there are others in my life that I can ask for prayer and know that they will
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
When I think about...Christmas...
- Christ's Birth
- Live Christmas Tree w/Lights and Special Ornaments
- Kids excited for Holiday Parties at School
- Family Time Together
- Cookie Day!
- Arin's Birthday
- Making crafts for gifts
- Christmas Cards (w/pictures :))
- a little break from the normal routine....it's good for the soul
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
- Looking forward to Christmas with my cousins and aunt tonight at mom's.
- So excited that Dad gets to come home from rehab tomorrow morning.
- I am craving me some Wild Ginger...
- Only 2 more days left in my week after today! Getting amped up for Christmas with the family.
- Did 2 miles of WATP today. 4 miles each tomorrow and Thursday and then I get a break until after Christmas. Although I did not get the workouts I wanted to get in this past weekend I may do another workout over the Christmas weekend (If I can find the time and it doesn't stress me out...absolutely no self-inflicted stress allowed on Christmas weekend!)...
Monday, December 19, 2011
- A few days ago I was surprised to find out that I had 3 days of PTO coming to me :) So, no more Fridays at work for me in 2011.
- Spent my first Friday of PTO last week shopping for Christmas. It was so fun getting things for the kids and Jeremy. I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas Day! That is the best gift I can receive :)
- Saturday was Cookie Day. Traditionally this is just a day for my mom, sister and I to get together without spouses and kids to bake bake bake. :) This year, with Dad being in the rehab place we just felt that we needed a little more "full family" time so it was game on and everyone was on hand for a great day. The guys and kids let us bake cookies and it was awesome just to have everyone around to be "taste testers" and "batter spoon cleaners". What a great day. I was exhausted...we made 11 different kinds of cookies and treats...our best year ever in my opinion!
- Sunday was Church and the kids sang a Christmas Song during service. They did great. Kelli, not surprising, was really into it. And, also not surprising, Austin sang a couple of the first few words and then just stood there until the song was finished. I was proud of him for standing there until the song was done though...we have several memories of him in years' past walking off the stage or goofing off in the middle of the song...I'll take the wins where I can get them
- I also did a cool craft project on Sunday. It was a gift so I can't blog about it just yet...have some readers who will be receiving these fun to make gifts and so I don't want to ruin the surprise. Stay tuned on Wednesday...I may share then. :)
- An awesome weekend, I must say....
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- IT Group Holiday Dinner tonight at McCormick and Schmicks...yummy!
- After starting off great in my Yahoo! Fantasy Football League, my players have hit the injury string pretty hard...needless to say I am playing for 5th place this weekend...hopes to win any money...all gone :(
- A group brought in some breakfast treats at work today...my diet is shot! Calories don't count during the month of December on days that end in Y anyways :)...I will just keep my head in the clouds and keep on telling myself that it is true.
- I got awarded 3 extra days of PTO yesterday....yay! Maybe now I can take a few days before Christmas to get ready :) (read...finish crafts...clean house...wrap gifts...)
Monday, December 12, 2011
- We got our christmas tree yesterday! I was so disappointed with this year's selecection from the place we got our tree last year. We found an awesome tree at Kroger. It is fat and full and beautiful and I am so excited to get home tonight and decorate it.
- I was listening to the daily Joyce Meyer podcast this morning (thanks to my HTC Evo Shift 4G which I LOVE!) and heard some interesting advice. She said that when you are in a bad mood, it helps to do something nice for someone else. I was in such a bad mood yesterday evening for some random reason and I couldn't get out of the funk. Wish I had used that advice then :) I am praying that next time my mood is bad, I can remember this!
- I have presented my first draft of my 2012 project plan to my boss. It is nice to have a plan on paper to work from. Even if it will change, it is nice to have a place to start.
- I am finally seeing some results on the scale from all of the WATP work I have been doing. Yay!! I guess I have lost about a pound. I am at that time of the month where my weight is different every day for a week (thank you mother nature and Eve :)), but I am starting to feel the benefits!
Friday, December 9, 2011
- I am so happy that I am nearing the end of 3 weeks of doing WATP. I haven't seen the pounds drop off yet, but I have more energy. I am also more focused on trying to eat better. A good thing that I don't normally do during the holiday season. :)
- I am looking forward to the weekend. We have a few fun activities tomorrow and hopefully we can get our tree put up on Sunday.
- I am enjoying making crafts for a few people on my Christmas list.
- I am having fun doing this mini blogging thing every day. Things are pretty random, but it is such a great way to get a few thoughts down on "paper" and move on to focus on things that I need to do.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
- Thankful for the teachers at Kindercare where Kelli attends. Kelli forgot her blanket at home today and there was not time to go back and retrieve it. They were so consoling and caring for the situation and it was nice to be able to leave there, knowing she was sad, but also knowing that she was going to be okay.
- Thankful for fun food, fellowship and conversation last night at our company holiday get together. Just basic appetizers, an ugly sweater contest and a small speech, but it really was nice to mingle after work and catch up with some people outside of the office.
- Thankful for my Pastor who, in a meeting with him last week, reminded me that when we do God's work and follow God's will for our lives, the devil will attack. And attack he did, yesterday, I was full of self-doubt and anxiety until I called the devil by name and demanded he leave me alone. Such a freeing moment for me...
- I am thankful for God who is more powerful than anything the devil can do with my mind.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
I am going to try something different than "wonders"...just not coming to me....
Here are some random words that come to mind when I think about...my family:
Here are some random words that come to mind when I think about...my family:
- Christ Followers
- Priority of Family
- Close Relationships
- Common Threads
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
- Traffic was good coming into work this morning...even though the commute is an hour :( Thankfully I can work from home and avoid the commute alltogether on Friday's. I made it in plenty of time for an 8:30 meeting :)
- Things are really starting to groove for 2012 in terms of projects at work. I am looking forward to finalizing the 2012 project plan in the next week or so and get moving!
- I did a 3 Mile WATP walk yesterday. It used weights...my arms are so sore. I loved the extra weight work though.
- Bonus night at home with the whole family last night. So nice that everyone was home (Jeremy usually goes to Martial Arts) and we could have dinner and time together.
- I am so proud of my kids' progress with the reward charts we introduced a few weeks ago. This week they actually wanted a "challenge" item so Kelli's is getting dressed by herself in the mornings (this is always a struggle...this morning, no problem :)) and Austin asked if he could help put away laundry...I about fainted, but he put all of his clothes away last night and helped out with another load from the dryer...:) good stuff!
- I just checked tracking and my new phone should be delivered today!!!!
Monday, December 5, 2011
- Just ordered a new phone...Sprint was offering a free upgrade special on one I was looking at and I was eligible for the upgrade...I was going to upgrade for Jeremy's Christmas Gift to Me :)...I texted him to tell him he has spent $0 on me for Christmas...he just laughed...I am excited to move from Blackberry. I got an HTC EVO Shift 4G. So looking forward to getting it in the mail :)
- Had an awesome weekend...very busy, but family fun for all.
- Friday we went to Austin's Cub Scout Christmas Party. He got his awards and I got to meet some of the other parents from his Pack.
- Saturday Austin had his first Basketball game (Jeremy is coaching) and I couldn't be prouder of them both. The game ended in a tie after 1 overtime.
- After the basketball game we went climbing at ClimbTime. I had never done this before and it was a great family activity. The kids loved it and I even climbed all the way to the ceiling a couple of times. A huge rush and sense of accomplishment.
- After climbing the kids went to a Saturday Gym Jam and had dinner, tumbling and a movie. Jeremy and I roamed around Hamilton Town Center and went up to Noblesville. We had a great time just spending it together.
- Sunday was church followed by an awesome lunch where we shared some of our stories from our Mission Guatemala experience (I have just realized I haven't blogged about that, so more to come...)
- I did 5 WATP miles and the kids and I had dinner in the basement and watched old cartoons on Netflix.
- Needless to say, Coffee and Ibprophen are my friends today. I am sore and exhausted, but blissfully happy that we were able to have a great Family weekend!
- Oh...I also knitted a pair of wrist warmers as a final item that we sold in our Church Craft Fair which earned almost $1000 for the Building Fund for our Youth Center.
- It is a busy time of the year, but with Christ at the center I am finding that I have just what I need to keep going and stay happy.
Friday, December 2, 2011
Today I feel....
- Blessed with a new opportunity to serve at my Church.
- Blessed with the ability to work at home. So much more planning can happen when I am not distracted by conversations.
- So much energy since I started WATP again...2 Miles on deck for today!
- Happy to have Jeremy back since he is not coaching high school basketball this year.
- Excited to see Jeremy coach Austin in his first basketball game tomorrow.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- I am thankful...
- For a warm coat to wear this winter.
- That I have learned several ways to knit (both on the loom and with sticks) and I can make fun items to donate, sell at the Church Craft Fair and give as gifts.
- That I was able to get up at 5 this morning and do 5 Miles of WATP. Felt so great!
- Funny story about this...apparently, I forgot that I had done 5 miles when I went to eat breakfast and just had my normal two pieces of toast. About 11am, I thought I was coming down with something because I just wasn't feeling good...well duh...I was starving :))
- For the group of people I work with in LDG1. Great lunch conversation today. Re-ignited my desire to and passion for my job.
- That Jeremy isn't coaching high school basketball this year...we are really beginning to notice the "extra" time that we have together. Really fun!