Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Did It!

Yay!  We did it!  Congratulations to all who participated in the Virtual 5k this weekend.  Some of you even went the extra mile (or 13.1 :)) and did it twice!  I am so happy to see the results and can't wait to try for another event (anyone want to think about at 10K in March?). 

When I started this 500 Mile challenge and we determined we would do a virtual 5k, I will admit I was nervous of actually running a 5k.  Why, I don't really know, I had run 2 races before.  However, I think it was the fact that it meant that I would have to keep up the running to be able to do the Virtual 5k as planned.  I am happy to say that the experience was exciting to have so many people involved, but somewhat of a non-event since I have been able to run 3.1 miles for a while now.  I am happy that it gave us a motiviating event to do together, but I am ready to go the extra mile (pun intended :)).

Also, congrats to Beth for finishing her first "half-mary"!  Your time was awesome and I was so happy to read that you had an awesome experience.  Your emotional breakdown at the end reminded me of mine at the end of running the first 5k that I had really trained for.  What an accomplishment! 

Anyone have any races coming up? 

Happy Running!

2 comments:

C. Beth said...

Thanks! :)

Eternal Lizdom said...

I felt the same way. I run a 5K about once a week right now. Which I guess is a sign of progress!

I'll be doing a 10K in March as part of the training program for the Mini!