Skip to main content

We Did It!

Yay!  We did it!  Congratulations to all who participated in the Virtual 5k this weekend.  Some of you even went the extra mile (or 13.1 :)) and did it twice!  I am so happy to see the results and can't wait to try for another event (anyone want to think about at 10K in March?). 

When I started this 500 Mile challenge and we determined we would do a virtual 5k, I will admit I was nervous of actually running a 5k.  Why, I don't really know, I had run 2 races before.  However, I think it was the fact that it meant that I would have to keep up the running to be able to do the Virtual 5k as planned.  I am happy to say that the experience was exciting to have so many people involved, but somewhat of a non-event since I have been able to run 3.1 miles for a while now.  I am happy that it gave us a motiviating event to do together, but I am ready to go the extra mile (pun intended :)).

Also, congrats to Beth for finishing her first "half-mary"!  Your time was awesome and I was so happy to read that you had an awesome experience.  Your emotional breakdown at the end reminded me of mine at the end of running the first 5k that I had really trained for.  What an accomplishment! 

Anyone have any races coming up? 

Happy Running!

Comments

Eternal Lizdom said…
I felt the same way. I run a 5K about once a week right now. Which I guess is a sign of progress!

I'll be doing a 10K in March as part of the training program for the Mini!

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 .. Done!

I can't believe that Wednesday marks the beginning of week 2 already.  I feel like I was just telling Liz that I had this idea for a running challenge and shabang...here we are starting week 2!  And people are doing it with me! I logged 10.5 miles in Week 1 (starting off a little ahead never hurts :)).  Overall I felt good about getting the miles in, but I am having a pain in my knee when I run longer than 3 minutes at a time so I am doing mostly intervals.  I think it is my IT Band...I know this is pretty common, but it stinks to have pain.  Anyone have any good suggestions for IT Band therapy.  I have heard of using a foam roller, but have no idea how to use one or even what to buy...suggestions?? Liz has also given me a great idea to do a badge or something to mark progress on this quest.  I am thinking of something, but haven't had much time to devote to it.  I like the idea...what about anyone else doing this journey with...

It is here - The I Will Blog 500 Miles Virtual 5k

Here are the rules...they are so simple: 1.  Run/Walk 3.1 Miles between Friday December 3rd and Monday December 6th 2.  Post a comment to this post with your time and when you ran.  Also include any thoughts on your experience and if there is any interest in doing another in a couple of months (February or March). Have fun and good luck.  I look forward to seeing everyone's results! Ashli

Charity Knitting - Knit-A-Square

Several years back I bought a Knifty Knitter Loom Set and some yarn to make a hat.  I can't remember exactly if I bought the loom to do charity work or I just wanted some sort of craft to do and the needles looked like a little more work than I wanted to do at the time.  I do knit with needles now and I have to say that it is much easier than it looks once you get the hang of it.  I even knit one of those blue and white scarves for the Super Bowl this year with needles.  Anyway, back to the topic...As I started enjoying knitting these hats, I became addicted to buying sale yarn...any yarn on clearance at Walmart magically made it into my bag...no project in mind...no idea if I even had enough yarn of one color or type to do anything with...I just loved buying the stuff.  I started buying books of patterns for loom knitting and knitting with sticks.  I made some crafts as gifts..made a whole bunch of hats :), a few dishcloths...